Joomla news (360)
Even though I try not to chase the news (it wears you out, I promise you), there's a lot going on in the Joomla commounity. I will comment on certain things happening with Joomla, other stuff I will just link to in my Twitter account. Enjoy!
The Joomla Project has just announced the immediate availability of Joomla 2.5.4. This is a security release with two important security fixes and you should upgrade your site immediately.
In additon there, are 3 new features and 157 bug tracker issues fixed in this release.
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 12:
• Join Our Google Summer of Code Success Story
• What motivates you motivates us!
• Keeping your Joomla web site safe with New Version notifications
• The OLD K2 community will soon close down...
• Joomla mobile templates from Joomlashine – What do they look like?
• Joomla SEO: Ten FAQs for newbies FAQs
• Joomla Jumps to the Enterprise
• How do I get to Joomla 2.5?
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 11:
• St. Patrick's Day Sale: Save 25% on all Memberships now through March 19th
• Duplicate Template Fix for Joomla 2.5
• A 5 Year Affair with the Dutch Joomladays
• Joomla 2.5.3 released and Quickstart packages updated
• Using Twitter Bootstrap to Create a Responsive Web Design (RWD) for Joomla
• Urgent security update available - Joomla 2.5.3
• JCal Pro 3 - the calender for Joomla 2.5 - with custom fields and event registration is now available
The Joomla Project has just announced the immediate availability of Joomla 2.5.3. This is a security release and you should upgrade your site immediately.
All versions of +Joomla! 1.6, 1.7 and 2.5 are affected.
The update process is very simple, and complete instructions are available here. You can easily update your site from 2.5.x to this latest version using the update function in the Joomla administrator.
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 10:
• Thanks to all who gave back at the Joomla Pizza, Bugs and Fun
• Joomla Roadmap Meeting: Production Working Groups & Lightning Talks
• SoftPraise 2.5 update with new features and now mobile responsive
• Release candidates are ready !
• A sticky nav for your Joomla template
• Zen Grid Framework Responsive Menu options
• A more social bamboo plus 2 Dribbble invites
• Agora Pro for Joomla 2.5 now available for just 99 cents!
• Joomla in the plain numbers
• Introducing Elegance Mobile Joomla! template & your chance to win a Free License!
• No Upgrades? You'll Scare Your Users Away
• Why Your Clients Need a Mobile Joomla Site and How to Sell it To Them
• Meet Paul Orwig: An Interview with the New OSM President
The Joomla Project is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Joomla 2.5.2. This is a security release. The Production Leadership Team's goal is to continue to provide regular, frequent updates to the Joomla community.
The update process is very simple, and complete instructions are available here. Note that there are now easier and better ways of updating than FTPing the files.
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 9:
• Beware the Black Hat template developer
• Volunteers for Community Channels Workgroup wanted
• Joomla! 2.5 template updates Joomla
• RokSprocket & March Joomla Template Release
• The template is dead, long live the template
• Another responsive Joomla template into the mix
• Subscription plan changes for JCal Pro calendar and Agora bulletin board
• Joomla days 2012
• The JoomlaShine templates latest features and improvements
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 8:
• K2 v2.5.5 coming out next week - now supported by 52 language translation teams!
• An open letter to the new OSM president
• Show / Hide a field in RSForm! Pro
• Forms for Joomla 2.5, v0.6.1 Released
• JoomlaPraise is now part of the 'corePHP' family!
• Last chance to save 40 percent on jcal pro and sh404sef
• Google Analytics integration with JoomlaShine templates for Joomla newbies
Open Source Matters announced yesterday that Paul Orwig was elected president of the non-profit organization that owns Joomla!®. Paul is known to many as the editor-in-chief of the Joomla Community Magazine.
He did the closing keynote at J and Beyond 2011 and is passionate about the Joomla project.
Today, Ryan Ozimek published an open letter to Paul, sharing some of his insights from his two years as OSM president.
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 6:
• Talking to my computer
• A tale of a hacked Joomla site
• Customer downloads area currently offline
• CloudApp, Share Screenshots with ease
• Help! My Joomla Site Was Hacked!
• If you are NOT running Joomla 2.5.1 or 1.7.5 read this!
• Forms For Joomla 2.5 Special Offer
• Excellent SEO plugins for Joomla website - Detailed Guideline
• K2Joom and Jiliko.net Partnership