Kristoffer Sandven is a photographer, filmmaker and web consultant living in Oslo, Norway. He's the founder and author of JoomlaBlogger.
J and Beyond 2013 venue walk-through with Jack Bremer [VIDEO]
In this video, Jack Bremer does his yearly walk-through of the J and Beyond venue in Noordwijkerhout, The Netherlands.
The hotel itself is HUGE and we only managed to cover the actual conference area. I actually had to use a map to find my room when I arrived at the hotel. Now, sit back and let Jack take you on a run through the venue.
An important message from the Joomla Community [VIDEO]
During his keynote at J and Beyond 2013, Rod Martin talked about life being short (and so is he).
What should we do about that? Lots of things - but one of the things we should do is say «thank you».
I hope this video inspires you!
Joomla Bug Squad in action at J and Beyond 2013 [VIDEO]
It's Saturday night at J and Beyond 2013 (well, it's already Sunday), and I'm about to go to bed. Checking the #jab13 tweets, I find a tweet from Sander Potjer with an image from the Bug Squashing Session going on - and I head over there to see what's going on. The room is packed with coders and testers, and the hours fly by!
J.O.S.C.A.R winners announced at J and Beyond 2013
Friday night, the JOSCARs ceremony took place here at the J and Beyond 2013 conference in the Netherlands.
Like previous years, the ceremony was presented by Brian Teeman, this year with the help of Nicholas from Akeeba Backup. Both of the guys actually won an award (Nic won two!), and they were helped by last year's winner of "Outstanding Personal Achievement" award, Ryan Ozimek.
Joomla blog posts from around the web (20/13)
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 20, 2013:
- New team forming to improve understanding of our users
- App Store study group forming
- LOGman 1.0 RC4 released
- JCal Pro 188.8.131.5256 Released
- Safe Travels on your journey to J and Beyond
- Joomla Tags and the Joomla Calendar
Joomla blog posts from around the web (19/13)
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 19, 2013:
- Last Chance to Nominate for the J!OSCARs
- Get your Joomla site to load in under one second
- JCal Pro 184.108.40.20621 Released
- Advanced Site Search 3.0.6 released
Joomla blog posts from around the web (18/13)
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 18, 2013:
- Let's get it right and plan for the future
- MaxBiz2 - A Simple Joomla 3 Business template
- Email Manager and Registration Features of Jcal Pro 3
- What CMS is Best? CMS Showdown Results after Milwaukee Meetup
- Released JSN Nuru - A great choice for your shopping website with MijoShop extended style!
- Joomla Optimization: Consider Deploying a CDN
- Enjoy the flexibility of JSN ImageShow 4.6.0 now
- Disabling new signups for a few days...
Joomla blog posts from around the web (17/13)
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 17:
- The J and Beyond (and JoomlaDay) Event Survival Guide
- A new vision for an old friend - reVision Joomla 3 Template
- Responsive Joomla template for Joomla 3 and T3
- Joomla 3 bootstrap and the Responsive Joomla calendar
J and Beyond 2013 coming up!
The yearly Joomla conference J and Beyond is just weeks away. As I have since the start in 2010, I’ll be there to meet up with Joomla enthusiasts from all over the world. J and Beyond, or JAB among friends, has been a great opportunity for me to get to know people in the community. That’s the most valuable factor for me when going to JAB. Obviously, I always learn new stuff about Joomla, too. However, the social aspect of the event is really where J and Beyond shines. This year, the event takes place in Noordwijkerhout, The Netherlands from May 31st to June 2nd.
Joomla blog posts from around the web (16/13)
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 16:
- Sink or Swim
- Future of the VEL team
- Zentools update plus some details about v2.
- SEO Mobile 2013 Contest Announcement
- JCal Pro 220.127.116.113 released