Kristoffer Sandven is a Joomla! and SEO consultant living in Horten, Norway. He's the founder and author of JoomlaBlogger.
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 24, 2014
- Hey Presto - A new way to create galleries in Joomla
- 6 Awesome Joomla Extensions to Help You Manage Your Website Easier
- Joomla Tips And Tricks You Should Know
- Free Joomla Templates with The Best Quality that You Can't Miss
The organizer have just announced that the 6th J and Beyond conference will take place from the 29-31 May 2015 in Prague, Czech Republic.
The motto for 2015 is "Golden Times ahead". The early bird ticket price will be only 199 Euro for the three day conference.
To create a successful Joomla website, you need several different skills. Building a Joomla site will challenge you in various areas, and you will learn a lot along the way. Still, there are some areas in which you should acquire at least some basic knowledge and proficiency before starting. These are some of the skills you will need:
- Basic Joomla skills
- HTML skills
- CSS skills
- Writing skills
- SEO skills
In this post, I'll go through these skills and elaborate on what it all means.
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 23, 2014
- Five Tips to Help You Get Started with Joomla
- 3 Types of Portfolio Templates That Get You Freelance Jobs
- 5 Must-Visit Websites for Joomla Templates
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 22, 2014
- How to Fix T3 Mega Menu Hover Not Working after Updating to T3 v2.3.0
- JoomlaShine Showcase: Postgraduate Program Website With One-page Template - JSN YoYo
- JSN PowerAdmin: The promise to make Jooma easy and fun to use
- 6 Highlight Features of Joomla 3.3
- JSN One - An Outstanding eCommerce Template Released. Chance To Get 50% OFF For The Next Purchase
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 21, 2014
- JOOMLA EVENT TRAVELLER PROGRAMME (JET) NOW OPEN FOR JWC14
- 3 Features Make You Use Joomla Rather Than WordPress
- When You Know Joomla, You Will Love It
- Creating your Online Shopping Websites Easily and Quickly With Joomla Templates It
- First beta of K2 version 3 is here
Here are some interesting Joomla blog posts I found during week 20, 2014
- Fix for blank page when updating T3 in Joomla 3
- Is Google Authorship still an important part of your Joomla SEO strategy?
- Interesting Facts About Joomla
- 5 Essential SEO Tips for Joomla You Must Know
Every month, each of the major Joomla template clubs release a new template you can use for your Joomla projects. In this post, I'll give you an overview of the business Joomla templates released in July 2014.
This month, templates from Yootheme, RocketTheme, JoomlaArt, JoomlaXTC, JoomlaShack and Gavick Pro are on display. Enjoy these fresh templates!
K2 is one of the most popular extensions for Joomla. The CCK (Content Construction Kit) has been a favorite for a lot of devs for years, me included. Since Joomla 3 was released, K2 has started to seem a bit outdated, though. That's soon to change, with the release of K2 version 3.x.
In this post, you will find a short demo video from JoomlaWorks, showing the responsiveness of the new User Interface. In the example, K2 v3.x is running on a remote (busy) dev server.